Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I was thinking today about a group project I did freshman year in my theatre class. We had to create a film company and block a skit and advertise for it and such. We spent a whole six weeks on it and it was loads of fun. I got to know the people in my group pretty well. We decided to give ours a Star Wars theme. To open our presentation we turned out all of the lights in the black box and staged a duel with lightsabers we made out of flashlights and gels we jacked from the stage lights. Our group ended up winning best overall film company.

As I thought back on the project, I realized that out of the six of us in the group one is now in jail and another has died.

Guess we weren't such a winning group after all.

Or were we? The boy who died was an amazing guy who left behind ingenius art work and the guy in jail was arrested for playing paintball inside the school one night.

Hm.

No comments: