Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dear Life,

Please stop pouring down on me.

A little breather here and there would be nice. Honestly, I will not be offended if you ignore me/forget about me for a while. Your 6.3 billion minions are getting pretty fucking annoying. Especially the arrogant youths.

Perhaps you could give me some place to hide? A dark shroud to conceal me so no one will see me as I traverse campus. Do you have anything so I can't see them either? That's the bigger problem.

Maybe you could fast forward time? Summer will be nice. Oh, but what to do about next semester? I don't suppose you could delete it all together... do you have the power to create alternate realities?

Yes, I've become quite jaded with your little charades. More than jaded, in fact. Down right peeved, if I may be frank.

I promise not to hurt you, but you must start giving me a little slack. I'm working 24/7 for you and you seem to be assigning me all the grunt work. Give me a handful more of the nice colleagues and better view and I'll be happy.

Sincerely,
laurenlorraine

4 comments:

Life said...

Dear laurenlorraine,

No.

Sincerely,
With only your best interests at heart,
Life

Kate said...

Shut up life! You really suck sometimes!

I am so sorry Lauren. I know that's a horrible cliche answer to give someone when life is dealing them a harsh blow to the jugular, but I really feel like maybe nothing I can say can help too much... except that I love you and I know you can get through this bullshit. It sounds like you're dealing with what I dealt with some this past semester, only tenfold. I hate to say that things will get better because it's a horrible thing to hear when everything is shitty but they will.

Do I have to buy you a one way ticket to Manhattan? Cuz I really want to.

Call or write any time... I will try to be a good therapist.

Joanna said...

I love you?

Joanna said...

Yes. Yes, I did.